Oct 27, 2017
Hi, Dr. Alicia Power here, and we are lucky enough to have
Natasha and Kelsey from West Coast Sleep Consultants join us on
Growing Healthy today. They are going to give us a quick primer on
common sleep concerns in the first few years of life. We will
get to that right after this quick reminder.
Welcome Natasha and Kelsey, so excited that you could come and
speak with me today. Sleep is so important for both children and
their parents, and yet it is such a challenging topic for so many
families out there! Can we start by learning a bit about both
of you and how you ended up being Sleep Consultants, and what you
feel your role is in helping families sleep?
1. Sleep props
- What is a sleep prop? (good and bad, and why)
- When is it okay to use a sleep prop?
2. Sleep Training
- what is it?
- when is a good time to sleep train?
- benefits of having a consultant?
3. Toddler Sleep
- Bedtimes & normal sleep amounts?